Endowments are permanent funds in which the principal is held in perpetuity and only the investment income or earnings are expended annually.
Endowment gifts provide a powerful and stable long-term source of funding for MIM. Endowed funds support activities not just for one year, but help make certain that MIM will exist as a resource for future generations. In keeping with MIM’s Investment Policy, endowment funds are invested prudently to ensure they can sustain current and future needs. Unlike annual gifts, the endowment provides a protected source of income not subject to cyclical variations in income and is cushioned against market fluctuations.
ABOUT MIM’S ENDOWMENT
Established in 2011 with a gift from MIM’s founder and board chair Robert J. Ulrich, MIM’s endowment now represents more than $17 million in assets invested in a diversified portfolio designed to ensure current support as well as growth for the future. The portfolio includes a diversified allocation mix developed to meet MIM’s investment return goals while protecting the endowment assets. The endowment policy includes a spending strategy of either 4 percent or the average investment return for the prior twelve quarters, whichever is less.
BENEFITS OF ESTABLISHING A NAMED ENDOWMENT
- Serves as a permanent named tribute
- Provides for future generations
- Provides lasting stability for MIM
ENDOWMENT SUPPORT AREAS
- General Operations: Undesignated endowment gifts will be used for general programs and operations of MIM.
- Collection Acquisition: Gifts to this fund will be used for the purchase of permanent collection items, including musical instruments and related objects.
- Education: Gifts will be used to fund K–12 education programs.
- Music Theater Concert Endowment Fund: Gifts to this fund will provide support for exceptional musical performances from around the world.
Your gift of $25,000 or more could be added to MIM’s endowment fund in your name. For more information or to make a gift, contact the Institutional Advancement Team at 480.478.6062 or advancement@MIM.org. Thank you for your consideration.